T he Crouse Funeral Home was established in 1943 by Edwin C. Crouse. The building chosen as the new funeral home was directly across the street from the original homestead of the Crouse family. Edwin C. Crouse purchased the site of the new funeral home in 1928 but did not begin remodeling of the building for use as a funeral home until 1936. Edwin's initial hope was to start a funeral home to serve the families of the greater Williamsport area and to provide a legacy for his children to manage and operate thru the years.Although our grandfather never obtained his funeral directing license, three of his children did. His son Edwin F. began practicing funeral directing in 1939 and soon after the conclusion of World War II his brothers Vincent R. A. and Jerome W. Crouse joined him in forming the funeral home that exists today. The three brothers owned and operated the funeral home for many years. Eventually the business passed to our father Vincent and finally in 1987 to ourselves Jeffrey T and Carl W. Crouse. We have been partners in the management and operation of the business ever since. Our hope for the future is to continue providing quality caring service to families of the greater Williamsport and surrounding area. We offer traditional funerals,cremation and memorial services as well as funeral pre-need planning. We serve all faiths with care and concern for every detail of the funeral services.